gRFC A27: xDS-Based Global Load Balancing

Mark D. Roth

Jan 8, 2020, 6:09:15 PM1/8/20
to grpc. io, Harvey Tuch, Matt Klein, Eric Anderson, Doug Fawley, Srini Polavarapu
I am pleased to announce a first draft of the long-awaited gRFC on xDS-based global load balancing.  You can find it here:

https://github.com/grpc/proposal/pull/170

The design for supporting xDS in gRPC has been evolving for quite some time, but we think it is finally mature enough to share.  This particular gRFC covers only our initial work on using xDS for load balancing, but there will be a lot more work in the future on adding additional xDS features.

We'd welcome feedback on this design.  Please let us know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

--
Mark D. Roth <ro...@google.com>
Software Engineer