Cant install Growl 4 Windows, error-2869 during install

jtmarch86

Jun 27, 2011, 10:01:59 AM6/27/11
to growl for windows
I really want this app. Loved having it on ubuntu.
I'm running Win 7 SP1 32bit.
I go to install it, it gets past the security confirmation, and then
right after the icon shows up on my desktop, I get unexpected error
2869.
I tried rebooting, downloading a new copy. Can't seem to get it
installed.
Any ideas?
Are there any specific .NET packages I need or something?

Brian Dunnington

Jun 27, 2011, 10:39:57 AM6/27/11
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
This comes up a lot - there are a couple of things you can try:

1. make sure you run the .msi file, not the .exe directly. there is an
issue in Windows that will not correctly elevate your privileges if
you run the .exe directly.

2. make sure you are logged in as an administrator when installing the
app. you dont have to be an admin to use the app once it is installed,
but you do have to be an admin in order to install it.