growlNotificationWasClicked: is not reacting anymore after a certain time period

Sebastian Lehrack

Jan 29, 2014, 7:22:34 AM1/29/14
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

we encountered following problem:

Our app uses Growl to display notifications. If user clicks on a notification our app
reacts in a certain way depending on the clicked notification. We implemented this
with the recommended growlNotificationWasClicked method in conjunction with
clickContext field. As clickContext we send a standard NSString object.

When the user clicks on a popped up notification *within* a certain time window of few
seconds, everything works as expected.

On the other hand, if the user is not fast enough, the growlNotificationWasClicked
method is not called anymore?!

Has anybody any experience with this behavior?

Thanks a lot for all hints and comments,
Sebastian

Rudy

Feb 13, 2014, 9:51:45 AM2/13/14
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
This is a known limitation of the current version of the framework. Version 3 resolves the issue, but is not yet ready to be released as there is still one crasher present.

-rudy