Bugs in GrowlTunes 2.2b5

瀏覽次數:25 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Yann Ricquebourg

未讀,
2013年6月19日 下午4:56:142013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi great devs,

Proofreading my French localization of GrowlTunes, I discovered some details that look like bugs
that would deserve some attention in the development ;-)

---------------------------
1) When I start this version of GrowlTunes for the first time,
I get two icons (Dock & Menu) whereas the General show only "Menu" as the current initial setting for icon position.

Of course, when I change manually this initial setting,
the visual result is OK with the setting.

Maybe is it a result of having already used the Mac App Store version before this beta,
but it's not really normal.

---------------------------
2) If the user sets only "Dock" as icon position and quit Growltunes,
when he relaunches GrowlTunes, the Dock icon is here but he has no way to reopen the preference window.
(The usual "Preferences" item from the menu is greyed and not usable,
and unlike other Growl apps, like Growl and HardwareGrowler, clicking on
the Dock icon does not reopen the preferences windows).

Ideally, fixing this bug would add both the possibilities:
- enable the Apple standard: "Preferences" menu item to open preference window.
- enable the Growl standard: click the Dock icon to the preference window.

---------------------------
3) The "Available Tags" area does not have scrollbar, therefore some available labels can look
partly hidden or unreachable at the bottom of the list (see attached snapshot, with default window size for Growltunes).

The "Description" area does not automatically expand or scroll.
So when you've added several tags filling totally the second line,
you don't know where to put the next tags (see the same attached snapshot).

Moreover all the labels should have tooltips displaying the whole label text, when you hover it,
since they may appear truncated in the standard UI size (see same attached snapshot for
"Description longue, Commentaire ou Description" which is the translation for
"Long Description, Comment or Description" and where the last word is totally invisible).
I wonder if the best solution would not be simply to:
- have only one available tag per line
- add a vertical scrollbar to reach any available tag line.
---------------------------

Hoping those bugs can be solved before releasing the App Store version,
best regards,

-Yann.

image_01.png

Chris Forsythe

未讀,
2013年6月19日 下午5:02:402013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Yann, please keep localization to the localization list. I do not go searching on this list for localization items when I need to make tickets or review things. :)

--
Chris Forsythe

Attachments:
- image_01.png

Chris Forsythe

未讀,
2013年6月19日 下午5:04:412013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Also, keep in mind that this list is not about localization or beta builds. This list is for people who have issues with implementing Growl in their application, or who are writing code specifically for Growl. The items you note are for a prerelease version of GrowlTunes and really do not belong on this list unfortunately.

--
Chris Forsythe

Yann Ricquebourg

未讀,
2013年6月19日 下午5:11:202013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Chris Forsythe wrote on 19/06/13 23:02
> Yann, please keep localization to the localization list. I do not go searching on this list for localization items when I need to make tickets or review things. :)

I could, but it would be strange!
(Or I must be misunderstanding the meaning of the different lists?)

- I am currently writing a second "bug report" centered on localization problems
that I intend to send to growl-private-localizations-list

- but this one to which you are answering was deliberately sent to the growl-development list
since it does not address localization-specific problems, but problem with development,
that any users (and not localizers) could report to the dev team...
(in other words: problems also appearing in the original English version)
=> why should they be addressed to the localizations-list?

I'm puzzled ;-)

-Yann.

Yann Ricquebourg

未讀,
2013年6月19日 下午5:35:062013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Chris Forsythe wrote on 19/06/13
> Also, keep in mind that this list is not about localization or beta builds. This list is for people who have issues with implementing Growl in their application, or who are writing code specifically for Growl. The items you note are for a prerelease version of GrowlTunes and really do not belong on this list unfortunately.

OK, but I think there must be a "better" description about each Growl list purpose.

Currently, Google displays:

1) Growl Development
- This group is for the Developers on the Growl Project

2) Growl Discuss
- Discussion list for Growl

3) Growl Localizations
- This group is for people who want to help localize Growl

4) Growl Private Localizations List
- This list is for translating Growl and other applications from The Growl Project

Therefore:
1) Among the four descriptions, the one for "Growl Development" made me think this was
- concerning the developers on the Growl project (in other words, coding Growl)
- not the developers "with" Growl (in other words interfacing Growl with their own code).
If it's so, the description should be rewritten as you wrote above, which has another meaning:
"This list is for people who have issues with implementing Growl in their application, or who are writing code specifically for Growl"

2) That said (and after modifying the current description of "Growl Development" list),
I guess that a bug-report concerning the current version of Growl (App Store), or a beta of Growl,
should then be sent to "Growl Discuss" (when it does not address something related to
localization, but to the general and original English version).
If it's so, this should also be clearly mentioned in the description of the Google group
since, really, reading the four descriptions, a user would obviously think that a bug-report
could be welcome in "The group for the Developers on the Growl Project"
and not in a more general "Discussion list for Growl" that seems to concern all users interested with Growl,
but not necessary belonging to the dev team.

Hoping this can target more precisely the purpose described for each of the 4 lists.
I'll then resent my general bug-report (not associated to localization) to "Growl Discuss".

Best regards,

-Yann.

Christopher Forsythe

未讀,
2013年6月19日 晚上7:12:492013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
You are using a build specifically meant for testing. If we decided last minute to remove a feature entirely, that should only be on the private lists we have for either beta testing or localization. Since you are on the localization list, I would sincerely recommend your posts go there. Those lists get a higher priority in my day to day work on Growl, and in general are the places I go first to make sure that we have tickets on everything.

The problem you are having is not a development issue. You are not writing GrowlTunes, so it'd be more applicable to the discuss list if this were not a beta for testing. However it is. Any posts about any of the beta builds should be in one of two places, and that's it.

Chris

-Yann.

Chris Forsythe

Christopher Forsythe

未讀,
2013年6月19日 晚上7:22:262013/6/19
收件者:growl-de...@googlegroups.com
I've asked you to keep it on the private translators list since it's a pre-release. Let's keep it that way please.

Chris

Chris Forsythe
回覆所有人
回覆作者