Notification only inbox

HashKa

Jun 1, 2013, 6:30:43 AM6/1/13
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i used growl and thunderbird on my mac ( 10.6.8) system.

I reinstall my HDD, with the same system (10.6.8) and same growl 1.2.2.
at the beginning, i d'on't receive any notifications.

i need to used a plugin : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbird/addon/growl-new-message-notification/
now it's works.
but i receive notifications only when mail arrived on my inbox. = ( not in other folders )
how can i have notifications for every folders ?

thanks

Daniel Lee Siemer

Jun 3, 2013, 12:51:15 PM6/3/13
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
So, here is the initial problem, Mozilla has purged Growl from their code base entirely, all new versions of Firefox and Thunderbird will no longer talk to any version of Growl directly.  They would not work with us to resolve the issues they felt they had, which is unfortunate, but luckily there are alternatives.  Plugins like the one you linked can add the functionality back, however there are often things you have to configure, from their own documentation:
Some Thunderbird preferences which have something to do with the behaviour of the extension:
- Tools -> Account Settings... -> Server Settings -> Check for new messages ...
- For IMAP folders: Properties... -> General Information -> Check this folder for new messages
- For POP3 accounts: Tools -> Account Settings... -> Server Settings -> Automatically download new messages has to be checked
- The nature (inbox, bulk ...) of folders
- Enable mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new for notification on all folders by default (useful when using filters)

It's very unlikely that Growl is preventing notifications from the other folders, and it has to do with settings for that account/folder affecting how the plugin functions.  It is possible that Thunderbird has changed other behavior and the plugin needs updating or fixing, which since we didn't create it, we can't really help with.

HashKa

Jun 7, 2013, 2:14:08 PM6/7/13
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
mail.check_all_imap_
folders_for_new
and add "mail.imap.use_status_for_biff" de true to "false"

but it's ever impossible to have notification for subfolders...
only inbox notifications...

Daniel Lee Siemer

Jun 7, 2013, 3:00:45 PM6/7/13
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
You will probably have to contact the plugin's author.  If it notifies for one box, its not that it has a problem communicating to Growl, so it likely is some problem in your configuration in Thunderbird, or the plugin itself.  His home page is http://mitar.tnode.com (has his email at the top of the page), and the github for this plugin is: https://github.com/mitar/growlnotify.  We can't support every third party plugin and app beyond helping get it talking with Growl, which it already is.