recommended way to code sign Growl for Yosemite

amor...@box.com

Aug 20, 2014, 8:36:58 PM8/20/14
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello I am trying to code sign my application which uses Growl and I get the following problem:

"AppName with identifiing dev.app/: bundle format is ambiguous (could be app or framework)In subcomponent: /Users/Admin/Downloads/AppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Growl.framework"

Is there a recommended way to sign Growl?

Christopher Forsythe

Aug 24, 2014, 6:07:24 PM8/24/14
to Growl Development
How exactly are you codesigning? The switches are probably the problem but let's see what you're doing first.

Chris Forsythe

daniel szabo

Oct 29, 2014, 6:52:02 AM10/29/14
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
you have to sign AppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Growl.framework/Versions/Current.

In addition, there may not be any content in the top level of a bundle. In other words, if a bundle has a Contents or Versions directory at its top level, there may be no other files or directories alongside them. The one exception is that alongside Versions, there may be symlinks to files in Versions/Current.

The code signing machinery performs some framework checks specifically on frameworks that are nested within other code. It's possible that signing a framework will succeed, but the result fails to validate when placed into another bundle's Frameworks directory. Make sure the framework is structured correctly per the requirements above.

Bundles must have their Info.plist in the proper location. For app bundles, this is in Contents. For frameworks, this is in Versions/Current/Resources

+++

if you still have this issue, something is in the wrong place (info.plist, other folder, etc)