groovyclient not work on WinXp with jdk1.7.0

fumokmm

Aug 29, 2011, 1:34:00 AM8/29/11
to groovyserv
Hi.

I tried to use groovyclient on WinXp with jdk1.7.0
but I can't. :-0

The following error occured, and not get started groovyclient.

-----------------------------
ERROR: JAVA_HOME is set to an invalid directory: c:\PROGRA~1\Java
\JDK17~1.0.7.0
Please set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment
to match the location of your Java installation.
-----------------------------

My environment variable "JAVA_HOME" is here.

-----------------------------
JAVA_HOME=c:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7.0
-----------------------------

It's seems to problem of Windows's shorten path is broken?

nemo10

Aug 29, 2011, 6:46:09 AM8/29/11
to groov...@googlegroups.com, fumokmm
Hi

Do you set double quotation at the both end of path environment variable?
Need to handle space in "Program Files".

JAVA_HOME="c:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7.0"

@nemo_kaz

fumokmm

Aug 29, 2011, 8:21:42 AM8/29/11
to groov...@googlegroups.com, nemo10
Hi nemo_kaz.

I forgot put double quotation!!

but when I try to jdk1.6.0_24 like that

JAVA_HOME=c:\Program Files\java\jdk1.6.0_24

It was success...

Anyway, I'll try tomorrow again.

Thank you.

fumokmm

Aug 29, 2011, 10:01:01 PM8/29/11
to groovyserv
Hi

I tried double quoted JAVA_HOME value, but it doesn't work.

It seems no solution.

fumokmm

Aug 29, 2011, 10:12:20 PM8/29/11
to groovyserv
Hi

Adding information.

I tried to My JDK7 install path move forcibly
from
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0"
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_01"
and
set JAVA_HOME to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_01".

Then it worked fine.

---
Originally, JAVA_HOME value in new started window is already strange
like "...JDK17~1.0.7.0 " (extra value, last ".7.0")
Is it shorten algorithm bug? (on Windows or JDK7 or groovyserv?)

Yasuharu Nakano

Aug 30, 2011, 1:14:50 AM8/30/11
to groov...@googlegroups.com
Hi fumokmm,

Perhaps, I thought that it was caused by a windows bug.

I've summarized a result of my investigation to my blog.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nobeans/20110830

I'm at a loss for how to fix it...

2011/8/30 fumokmm <fumo...@gmail.com>:

--