Issue 402 in groovypptest: Compilation errors, mixed Java/Groovy code. How to debug?

groovy...@googlecode.com

Oct 17, 2011, 8:13:54 AM10/17/11
to groovyp...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 402 by ruslanba...@gmail.com: Compilation errors, mixed
Java/Groovy code. How to debug?
http://code.google.com/p/groovypptest/issues/detail?id=402

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. It isn't reproducible. Sometimes it pops up at my computer, sometimes
the continous integration server (Teamcity) alerts me that a few tests were
failed.
I'm using groovypp-all-nodep-0.9.0_1.8.2.jar inside the Grails application
(latest milestone 2.0.0-M2)

The only common thing between a few failures was their relation to a java
class named Trend. No Groovy classes were using inside Trend class in any
way.

Do you have any ideas how can I debug this? Running the testsuite or even
worse, the whole application, doesn't seem a good idea to me — takes too
much time.

Example exception, maybe they could enlighten you in any way:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
ru.bytexgames.somepackage.game.Trend.getSource()Lru/bytexgames/somepackage/game/cards/ArenaCard;

but the Trend has the method:

public ArenaCard getSource() {
return source;
}

Also it was not able to see the Trend's constructor:

public Trend(ArenaCard source, ArenaCard target) {
this.source = source;
this.target = target;
}

I understand that it's very unlikely that anybody can fix a problem which I
can't even reproduce. But I'll be helpful for any glues on how to
investigate this issue and probably fix it. :)