Groovy++ on Eclipse and Jboss Seam

Will Piasecki

Nov 24, 2011, 4:50:51 PM11/24/11
to groovyp...@googlegroups.com
Hello there!

I've been watching this group for sometime but only joined now, so, hi!

Well, i'd like to ask for a little help... I've been coding in groovy for some months and keeping an eye on groovy++ (it gives the best of both worlds!) and recently tried to insert it into a web project of mine which uses Jboss Seam, but it didn't worked. I've been searching for some similar problem for some days but didn't manage to .find { a solution } (forgive the pun).

Right now my classpath only have one jar for groovy: groovy-all-1.7.10.jar. When i insert groovypp-1.7.10.jar i can compile successfully, but upon trying to start tomcat (from eclipse) i get the following stacktrace (mostly from seam):

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create Component: imageBlurAction
    at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponent(Initialization.java:1202)
    at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.installComponents(Initialization.java:1118)
    at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.init(Initialization.java:733)
    at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener.contextInitialized(SeamListener.java:36)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4205)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4704)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: br/image/ImageBlurAction, method: setPage signature: (Lbr/rew/Page;)V) Incompatible type for getting or setting field
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2547)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1410)
    at org.jboss.seam.Component.hasAnnotation(Component.java:1158)
    at org.jboss.seam.Component.<init>(Component.java:218)
    at org.jboss.seam.Component.<init>(Component.java:205)
    at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponent(Initialization.java:1186)
    ... 18 more

When i add the groovypp-all-1.7.10.jar, eclipse gets me the following error:

"Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Java Builder' on project 'rew-image'.
java.lang.AbstractMethodError"

The error happens by just having the jar on classpath.

The "Page" class is compiled from another project of mine, it is a jar on the project.

Also, using groovypp-all-1.7.10.jar on classpath it compiles successfully using ant.

OS: Ubuntu 9.10

Java: java version "1.6.0_22"
   Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)

Groovy: 1.7.10

Eclipse: Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.7.0
Build id: I20110428-0848

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and congratulations for the work on G++, i've read half the wiki, already.

[]'s

Richard Vowles

Nov 24, 2011, 5:40:48 PM11/24/11
to groovyp...@googlegroups.com
There haven't been any new releases for some time now, I suspect Alex has lost interest.Groovy has indicated on its plans to potentially support static compilation in the 2.x version so I suspect (without knowing) that Alex has decided not to continue.

--
---
Richard Vowles,