[groovy-user] Gant 1.0.0 snapshot (aka release candidate)

Russel Winder

Nov 29, 2007, 3:15:59 AM11/29/07
to Gant_Users, Groovy Users
I have created Gant 1.0.0 SNAPSHOT release, this is the release
candidate, but I failed to name it properly :-)

Distribution tarballs and zipfiles for the source, and builds against
Groovy 1.0 and Groovy 1.1 RC-3 can be found at:

http://dist.codehaus.org/gant

or via the Gant webpage at:

http://gant.codehaus.org

I have also uploaded the jar to the Codehaus Maven Snapshot Repository.

If anyone has an opportunity to give it a try out to see if there are
any bugs for which there are no tests, that would be wonderful.

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder Partner

Concertant LLP t: +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road, f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK. m: +44 7770 465 077

signature.asc

Joachim Heldmann

Nov 30, 2007, 7:47:25 PM11/30/07
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

I just loaded and installed (on Windows XP)
groovy-binary-1.1-rc-3.zip and
gant-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT_groovy-1.1-rc-3.zip

When I call gant, I get the following error:

C:\>groovy -v
Groovy Version: 1.1-rc-3 JVM: 1.6.0_03-b05
C:\>gant
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: gant/Gant, method: <init> signature:
(Lgroovy/lang/Binding;)V) Expecting to find object/a
rray on stack
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.rootLoader(GroovyStarter.java:92)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.main(GroovyStarter.java:130)
C:\>

Jo.

David Hosier

Dec 3, 2007, 4:03:33 PM12/3/07
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
I also get this same error.  Was there a resolution to this that I might have missed?

Russel Winder

Dec 4, 2007, 2:58:48 AM12/4/07
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 13:03 -0800, David Hosier wrote:
> I also get this same error. Was there a resolution to this that I
> might have missed?

I don't think you missed anything. I only have Ubuntu, Solaris and Mac
OS X machines. I had asked around for someone with a Windows machine to
look as this problem, but I don't think anyone picked it up. Looks like
I will have to find a Windows machine :-(

signature.asc

David Hosier

Dec 4, 2007, 4:20:29 AM12/4/07
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
Russel Winder wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 13:03 -0800, David Hosier wrote:

I also get this same error.  Was there a resolution to this that I
might have missed?

I don't think you missed anything.  I only have Ubuntu, Solaris and Mac
OS X machines.  I had asked around for someone with a Windows machine to
look as this problem, but I don't think anyone picked it up.  Looks like
I will have to find a Windows machine :-(

I suppose I can take a crack at it.  I guess the first step would be to check the code out and get the build working....then start poking around the lines mentioned in the stack trace.

-David