[groovy-user] [ANN] GroovyWS 0.5 snapshots

tog

Mar 14, 2009, 10:20:52 PM3/14/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
Dear all,

I am pleased to announce the release of snapshots for GroovyWS 0.5.

He are the changes so far:
- based on cxf 2.1.4 - which correct a number of bugs
- compatible with groovy 1.6.0

- fixes for:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-6
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-8
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-10
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-50
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-54 (timeout implementation)
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-57

- enhanced build systems based on Gradle (thanks to Tom for the helps on dav)

Please have a look to the demo directory in order learn how to use
these new features or to the doc
(http://groovy.codehaus.org/modules/groovyws/docs/javadoc/)
The snapshots jars are located here:
http://snapshots.dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/groovyws/

Big thanks to Dennis for helping a lot on the refactoring

Please give it a try and give me your feedback before I push the release version

Cheers
Guillaume

Bob Brown

Mar 15, 2009, 4:44:28 AM3/15/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
Looks good to me...I just ran my 'test' for GMOD-54 and some other
grails-related stuff.

Excellent stuff, thanks!

BOB

Guillaume Laforge

Mar 15, 2009, 4:49:01 AM3/15/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
Excellent, Guillaume!
That's wonderful to see GroovyWS evolving!

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager

Attend the GR8 Conference, a conference dedicated to Groovy, Grails and Griffon
http://www.gr8conf.org

Read the blog: http://www.gr8conf.org/blog/list
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gr8conf

mn_svensk

Mar 30, 2009, 4:05:47 PM3/30/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
I'm having trouble using this snapshot release within a grails app (under Grails 1.1). I have the following simple code: def proxy = new WSClient("http://aUrl:8080/aService?wsdl", this.class.classLoader) proxy.create() // from 0.4.0 and it blows up during the create() call with this: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:191) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.RootLoader.oldFindClass(RootLoader.java:152) at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.RootLoader.loadClass(RootLoader.java:124) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) at groovyx.net.ws.AbstractCXFWSClient.create(AbstractCXFWSClient.java:146) Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ola
tog wrote:
Dear all, I am pleased to announce the release of snapshots for GroovyWS 0.5.

Sent from the groovy - user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

mn_svensk

Mar 30, 2009, 4:06:29 PM3/30/09

tog wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of snapshots for GroovyWS 0.5.

Dennis Bayer

Mar 31, 2009, 2:09:05 AM3/31/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

Hi,
please have a look at:
http://svn.codehaus.org/gmod/groovyws/trunk/src/demo/groovy/groovyx/net/ws/g
demo/TestClientServerSimple.groovy

After creating the client you have to call initialize(). The create-method
tries to initialize an instance of the given class. And null is no class. ;)

Regards,
Dennis.

> and it blows up during the create() call with this:

> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> at
org.codehaus.groovy.tools.RootLoader.oldFindClass(RootLoader.java:152)
> at
org.codehaus.groovy.tools.RootLoader.loadClass(RootLoader.java:124)
> at
> groovyx.net.ws.AbstractCXFWSClient.create(AbstractCXFWSClient.java:146)
>
> Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ola

mn_svensk

Mar 31, 2009, 9:58:55 AM3/31/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

Dennis Bayer wrote:

> Hi,
> please have a look at:
> http://svn.codehaus.org/gmod/groovyws/trunk/src/demo/groovy/groovyx/net/ws/gdemo/TestClientServerSimple.groovy
>
> After creating the client you have to call initialize(). The create-method
> tries to initialize an instance of the given class. And null is no class.
> ;)

Thanks, so now I'm getting further before encountering an exception. Now
I'm getting this:

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.io.xsd
at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:534)

And that appears to already be logged as a defect here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GMOD-7

Any indication if/when that defect will be fixed...?

Thanks,

Ola

tog

Mar 31, 2009, 10:14:06 AM3/31/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
Hi Ola,

That would help if you can provide a sample grails app exosing a simple service (if you can do that attach it to gmod7). I will have a look to that tomorrow.

Regards
Guillaume
--

PGP KeyID: 1024D/47172155
FingerPrint: C739 8B3C 5ABF 127F CCFA  5835 F673 370B 4717 2155

http://cheztog.blogspot.com

mn_svensk

Mar 31, 2009, 2:50:40 PM3/31/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

It appears this was caused by a faulty WSDL file -- the generic example
(currency converter) is working. The WSDL file I was given appears to have
multiple problem areas. I will investigate further.

Thanks,

Ola

houbie

Apr 2, 2009, 6:15:12 AM4/2/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

Hi,

I just tried the 0.5 snapshot in a GroovyConsole, but I always get an NPE in
initialize(). I tried both the currency wsdl and the terraserver wsdl:

proxy = new
WSClient("http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?WSDL",
this.class.classLoader)
proxy.initialize()

java.lang.NullPointerException

at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceFactory.<init>(WSDLServiceFactory.java:67)

at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.<init>(ClientImpl.java:143)

at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:253)

at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:196)

at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:175)

at
groovyx.net.ws.AbstractCXFWSClient.createClient(AbstractCXFWSClient.java:180)

at groovyx.net.ws.WSClient.initialize(WSClient.java:94)

at groovyx.net.ws.IWSClient$initialize.call(Unknown Source)

at ConsoleScript2.run(ConsoleScript2:7)

mn_svensk wrote:

> It appears this was caused by a faulty WSDL file -- the generic example
> (currency converter) is working. The WSDL file I was given appears to
> have multiple problem areas. I will investigate further.

Grtz,

Ivo

houbie

Apr 2, 2009, 6:27:54 AM4/2/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

I discovered that this is a class loading issue. It works when running
outside the console :)

Paul Bowler

Apr 2, 2009, 6:34:57 AM4/2/09
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org
There are two versions of the WSClient - one with an embedded Jetty instance and one 'vanilla' for embedding in apps such as Grails.

Please make sure you are using the correct version.

Paul.