[groovy-user] Groovlet/GSP NPE when deployed as a war to Weblogic

mjparme

Dec 28, 2010, 6:03:18 PM12/28/10
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

I have a small little app that I used Groovlets/gsp in (Groovy 1.7.5), I am
deploying to Weblogic 9.2. When I deploy in exploded format everything is
great and works as expected. However, when I deploy in war format it looks
like the GroovyServlet (and/or GroovyTemplate) can't find the script to
compile. Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone offer any insight?

I am unsure if this is Weblogic specific or would occur no matter which
container I deployed to.

This exception occurs when I try to to access my gsp.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.(File.java:194)
at
groovy.servlet.AbstractHttpServlet.getScriptUriAsFile(AbstractHttpServlet.java:306)
at groovy.servlet.TemplateServlet.service(TemplateServlet.java:388)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:225)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:127)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3214)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:1983)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1890)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1344)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

mjparme

Dec 28, 2010, 6:13:09 PM12/28/10
to us...@groovy.codehaus.org

I should also point at that if I try to access a Groovlet (*.groovy) I get
this error (the NPE shown in the original post occurs if I try to access a
gsp):

GroovyServlet Error: script: '/actions/GetIvrData.groovy': Script processing
failed.nulljava.lang.String.startsWith(String.java:1252)