What's our name?

Vahid Pazirandeh

Sep 21, 2014, 9:47:06 PM9/21/14
to groovy-grai...@googlegroups.com
What should our official group name be? And what should we be named on Meetup.com and Google Groups?

My original thinking with using "Groovy Grails" was for possible search engine optimization, but that was only an assumption of mine. I do want to get listed when someone google's "grails san diego meetup" or something similar ("groovy", etc).

The current state is:
=> meetup.com: San Diego Groovy Grails Group (also seen in the URL)
=> Google Group: groovy-grails-san-diego

To match existing patterns there is the San Diego Java Users Group (SDJUG).
So should we be the San Diego Groovy Users Group (SDGUG)?

Thoughts?

Bill James

Oct 2, 2014, 1:23:34 AM10/2/14
to groovy-grai...@googlegroups.com
I like SDGUG, I've been using it as a hashtag (#sdgug) in tweets, etc.