SMS in Android

Thanh Nguyen

Jan 17, 2014, 11:48:02 PM1/17/14
to grmob...@googlegroups.com
Hello GR Mobile Dev!

One of my clients is seeking an SMS-based app for smartphones (Android) that replaces functionality of Hangouts or the Messages app. I must admit though, that I have very little experience working with receiving and sending SMS in Android. Does anyone have any leads on any reading material that might be good to take a look at?

Thanks!
Thanh Nguyen

Andrew Struve

Jan 17, 2014, 11:55:07 PM1/17/14
to grmob...@googlegroups.com

Im not sure exactly what you are going for but a great communication app is group.me . Its on android, ios, and a website. I use it at conferances when I want to stay in touch with a group of people.

阮天青

Jan 18, 2014, 12:52:00 AM1/18/14
to grmob...@googlegroups.com

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking for a communication app, but instead am developing one as per my current project. I can't go into too much detail, due to NDA, but we also have our own infrastructure for non-SMS to be implemented as well.

Thanks!
Thanh Nguyen