OrientDB & Blueprints 2.5.0

Luca Garulli

Apr 15, 2014, 12:59:13 PM4/15/14
to gremlin-users, orient-database
Hi,
for all the guys are using OrientDB with Blueprints/Gremlin/Rexster you should to know that starting from v2.5.0 (released yesterday) OrientDB Blueprints implementation is not hosted on TinkerPop Blueprints project anymore.

Blueprints is the default Java Graph API for OrientDB, so we preferred to merge it in OrientDB project avoiding cross dependency problems.

So if you are using OrientDB 1.7+ you don't need to include Blueprints anymore because it's provided in bundle with OrientDB distribution.

We're sure this will improve BP adoption for OrientDB users and will reduce pains on development.

Have fun with graphs,
Luca Garulli
CEO at Orient Technologies LTD
the Company behind OrientDB

Pieter Martin

Apr 15, 2014, 2:10:47 PM4/15/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you post the maven fragment we should use now?

Thanks
Pieter

Luca Garulli

Apr 15, 2014, 3:40:24 PM4/15/14
to gremlin-users
Hi Pieter you should use:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.orientechnologies</groupId>
  <artifactId>orientdb-graphdb</artifactId>
  <version>1.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <type>bundle</type>
</dependency>

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.orientechnologies</groupId>
  <artifactId>orientdb-core</artifactId>
  <version>1.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <type>bundle</type>
</dependency>

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.orientechnologies</groupId>
  <artifactId>orient-commons</artifactId>
  <version>1.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <type>bundle</type>
</dependency>

Lvc@

Luca Garulli

Apr 23, 2014, 12:16:56 PM4/23/14
to orient-database, gremlin-users
Because we released 1.7rc2 before TinkerPop released Blueprints 2.5.0.

Lvc@

On 23 April 2014 17:59, Curtis Stanford <cur...@stanfordcomputing.com> wrote:
Hi Luca, just wondering why, when I include dependencies for orientdb-1.7-rc2, it still pulls in blueprints-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT

--

---

Luca Garulli

Apr 23, 2014, 1:11:15 PM4/23/14
to orient-database, gremlin-users
Exactly.

Lvc@

On 23 April 2014 18:55, Curtis Stanford <cur...@stanfordcomputing.com> wrote:
So I guess future releases of 1.7 will not do this?

Luca Garulli

Jul 18, 2014, 12:21:59 PM7/18/14
to orient-database, gremlin-users
Hi,
Assure you've all the OrientDB jars in your classpath and use this class:

com.tinkerpop.rexster.OrientGraphConfiguration

Lvc@

On 18 July 2014 18:18, Alan Johnson <ajoh...@4qbase.com> wrote:
Luca,

 Good afternoon; I hope you are well. With this (thread) in mind, its not clear to me how I should approach the following configuration:

1) Rexster on one server (ip x.y.z.1) running Rexster 2.5
2) OrientDB on another server (ip x.y.z.2) running ODB 1.7.6

While I can connect to the ODB instance via either local, plocal or remote engines (using the console), Rexster will not start, with class not found error. Which classes do I need to port into the Rexster environment from the ODB in order for the remote engine to be properly registered, or is there more to it than that?

Thanks!

Alan

Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson

Jul 18, 2014, 1:32:35 PM7/18/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, gremli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks; that was the trick!

Luca Garulli

Jul 18, 2014, 1:42:12 PM7/18/14
to orient-database, gremlin-users

Alan Johnson

Jul 18, 2014, 1:48:59 PM7/18/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, gremli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again; somehow I missed that page!