How to create a WebSocket connection with JanusGraph.

Augusto Will

Oct 18, 2017, 10:37:56 PM10/18/17
to Gremlin-users
How can I connect to Janus by code using a websocket? Just send a update in requisition and send messages or i'm missing something?
How the session works, can I send messages, every message with a session or preserving the session between the messages, can I do the both?
The message is just a json with gremlin and binding objects?

Thank you

Tomasz

Oct 19, 2017, 7:30:09 AM10/19/17
to Gremlin-users
I'm beginner in Janus but as far as I know, Gremlin uses web sockets to connect with Janus.

Robert Dale

Oct 19, 2017, 8:22:56 AM10/19/17
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Everything except the HTTP (aka REST) interface uses WebSocket.

If you want to connect using an existing driver see the TinkerPop Gremlin Server doc

If you want to connect using a Gremlin Language Variant, see TinkerPop Gremlin Variants doc

To find existing drivers/GLVs see the listing on the TinkerPop page

If you want to develop your own driver over websocket or deep dive into the details see the TinkerPop Driver Provider doc

Robert Dale