Bigdata -> BlazeGraph

Mike Personick

Feb 20, 2015, 3:50:46 PM2/20/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, Brad Bebee
Just a heads up that as of version 1.5, Bigdata is now called BlazeGraph:

Same great feature set, same outstanding user support, less confusing name.  :-)

Thanks,

---
Mike Personick
Blazegraph Core Development Team

Marko Rodriguez

Feb 20, 2015, 5:40:52 PM2/20/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, Brad Bebee
Hey Mike,

What is the plan for BlazeGraph and TinkerPop3?

Thanks,
Marko.

Mike Personick

Feb 23, 2015, 2:44:16 PM2/23/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, be...@systap.com
Marko,

The last time we spoke about this TP3 was still a bit of a moving target.  If the API has stabilized at this point we will put the upgrade on our roadmap for Q2.

Thanks,
Mike

Marko Rodriguez

Feb 25, 2015, 9:59:04 AM2/25/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, be...@systap.com
Hello Mike,

We are at 3.0.0.M7 right now with an M8 scheduled mid-March-ish (we are still dealing with transitioning our development infrastructure to The Apache Foundation). I would recommend you wait until GA comes out. Once it does, I can give your team a demo of the the new API and features so you guys are up to speed on the changes and can move more effectively. If that interests you, ping me when you see GA come out.

Thanks Mike and good luck with BlazeGraph.

Marko.

Jack Park

Feb 25, 2015, 3:19:20 PM2/25/15
to gremlin-users
A curiosity, will Titan run on BlazeGraph?

Bryan Thompson

Feb 26, 2015, 8:04:14 AM2/26/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Jack,

We have not attempted any such port and, as I understand it, Titan is not going anywhere at this point.

However, what would you gain by this? We already support the various APIs with native evaluation against BlazeGraph and it is significantly faster than Titan on a fraction of the hardware.  The general problem that key-value store architectures face for graphs is that they do not have good locality for traversal.  This means that you can easily load data into them (this can be an embarrassingly parallel operation if you do not use a global dictionary encoding) but that traversal and query performance are severely handicapped.  To fix this you either need to allow the query to flow over the data (as we do with BlazeGraph) or you need to use a completely different architecture (as we do with MapGraph).

Thanks,
Bryan

Mike Personick

Feb 26, 2015, 10:20:50 AM2/26/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the offer Marko, we would definitely be interested in a demo of the new API.  I will keep an eye out for GA.

ari metaforum

Jul 11, 2018, 12:06:00 PM7/11/18
to Gremlin-users