Gephi Plugin and Gephi 0.9.x

Stephen Mallette

May 16, 2016, 12:15:38 PM5/16/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
The Gephi Plugin has been updated to work with Gephi 0.9.x. People had reported various integration problems on the list and so far our advice has been to stick with Gephi 0.8.x.  Anyway, the master branch of TinkerPop now contains the fixes to make the plugin compliant with Gephi 0.9.x, which means you will see the fix for version 3.2.1. The fix only went to the 3.2.x line of code because it took a minor breaking change to return the plugin to working form on 0.9.x.

So going forward:

TinkerPop 3.2.1+ will run on Gephi 0.9.x
All prior version of TinkerPop will require Gephi 0.8.x (including 3.1.3)

There have been no changes to functionality of the plugin. It works as it did before.

Thanks,

Stephen

Mathias Bogaert

May 16, 2016, 12:49:55 PM5/16/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Awesome! When will 3.2.1 be released, keen to try this out?

Stephen Mallette

May 16, 2016, 1:11:12 PM5/16/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
There is not target date for 3.2.1 at this point. You would have to build it from master or play with it from SNAPSHOT - I just deployed  fresh one for 3.2.1-SNAPSHOT.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Mathias Bogaert <mathias...@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome! When will 3.2.1 be released, keen to try this out?

Mathias Bogaert

May 16, 2016, 6:16:18 PM5/16/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Would it be possible to also publish the sources with this? Handy when debugging...

Stephen Mallette

May 16, 2016, 6:41:57 PM5/16/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
we only publish source distributions that are official release artifacts. why not just use the source available in github and just build that?

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Mathias Bogaert <mathias...@gmail.com> wrote:
Would it be possible to also publish the sources with this? Handy when debugging...

Mathias Bogaert

May 17, 2016, 3:03:26 AM5/17/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
It's easier for my team to use source downloaded by IntelliJ as part of process setup than to link the GitHub sources (which also might be different from the SNAPSHOT slightly).