Creating a gremlin server cluster

Dilan Ranasinghe

Sep 20, 2017, 6:46:07 PM9/20/17
to Gremlin-users
Hello,

Even though every where I see people talking about gremlin cluster, I couldn't find how to do this.

Can you please help me clarify following Points?
1) Does a gremlin server cluster means just running several instances of gremlin servers with a clustered backend or is there a specific way to configure gremlin instances such that they know about each other?
2) In case a gremlin server in the cluster have know idea on other servers can't there a inconsistency happen if they are using the same backends.
3) In a gremlin server cluster how the vertex id generation happens? For example if one server generate an id 5 for a vertex isn't there the possibility that another server in the cluster generates the same id?