gremlin-server with dynamodb backend hangs in the ensurestore step

Sandeep Srinivasa

Jul 20, 2016, 5:46:15 AM7/20/16
to Gremlin-users
This is my config file http://pastebin.com/PM0586DQ

I have installed Titan 1.0 with dynamodb backend as per Amazon's instructions

I launch the server using
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=A AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=G  bin/gremlin-server.sh ${PWD}/conf/gremlin-server/gremlin-server.yaml

I can confirm that it is accessing my dynamodb tables (with the correct permissions) - since if I change the access keys or the permissions on AWS.. it starts erroring out

the problem is that this hangs at the ensurestore step and does not move forward - does not even get to the stage where it is binding to port 8182

here are the logs - http://pastebin.com/XmG5wndE

I dont know what is the issue. Could someone help please ?

Sandeep Srinivasa

Jul 20, 2016, 8:55:33 AM7/20/16
to Gremlin-users
we just got debug logs - http://pastebin.com/6wLGMvzd

and we see that Dynamodb is erroring on the query types. I think there is something wrong in the way that I have setup the dynamodb tables. I have created all the table names correctly "<prefix>_system_properties", etc. But I dont know if I have to seed it with something or set the primary key as something before running titan. The documentation is kind of missing that.

anybody know ?