Dropping support for Giraph in 3.4.0

Stephen Mallette

Mar 19, 2018, 2:47:00 PM3/19/18
to Gremlin-users
Hello everyone,

We started some discussion on the dev list a week or so ago to remove giraph-gremlin from TinkerPop in 3.4.0. There didn't seem to be any objections over there, so the next step is to bring that discussion here to see what people think - you can find some reasoning for why dropping support seems to make sense if you read though the thread on dev:

Anyway, please feel free to raise concerns on this thread or the other and those concerns will be considered.

Take care,

Stephen

HadoopMarc

Mar 19, 2018, 2:55:20 PM3/19/18
to Gremlin-users
Hi Stephen,

Personally,I have no need for giraph-gremlin. And, phasing it out in v3.4.0 does not necessarily mean that it can never come back. All code and documentation will still be there in git history and can be revived whenever the need would occur.

Cheers,    Marc