Failed to connect gremlin server for "handshake timed out"

Michael M

Sep 27, 2016, 10:58:02 AM9/27/16
to Gremlin-users
Today is my first day to learn tinkerpop. I want to setup a graph database for my web application, so I try an example(written by javascript) from github in https://github.com/jbmusso/gremlin-javascript
After installation, I start the gremlin server in websocket mode:
bin/gremlin-server.sh conf/gremlin-server.yaml

and then launch the example.
npm run examples:browser

After about serveral minutes,  the browser return an error "WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:8182/' failed: WebSocket opening handshake timed out".

Anybody met this problem before?

Thanks

Stephen Mallette

Sep 27, 2016, 11:30:19 AM9/27/16
to Gremlin-users
what version of tinkerpop are you using?

Michael M

Robert Dale

Sep 27, 2016, 9:11:43 PM9/27/16
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
You might try ws://localhost:8182/gremlin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gremlin-users/eac62e53-ba5d-48f1-acf1-8b10bd855ee5%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Dale

Michael M

Sep 27, 2016, 9:50:33 PM9/27/16