Open graph effort at the Linux Foundation

Jason Plurad

Dec 8, 2016, 2:24:33 PM12/8/16
to d...@tinkerpop.apache.org, Gremlin-users, Aurelius
Many folks in the Titan community have continued to reach out wondering how to continue development on an Apache-licensed, open source, and scalable graph database with pluggable backends. I want to let you know that the Linux Foundation is establishing an open community graph project, including developers from various backend providers, to fulfill that need. The logistics for this new home are being finalized, and it will carry on the open source heritage of Titan with open governance. The Apache license will be maintained, and the community will operate along the same principles of an Apache project. Once naming the new project is complete, all are welcome to join, contribute, and drive forward this scalable graph solution.

-- Jason

Jeffrey Freeman

Dec 13, 2016, 3:38:10 PM12/13/16
to d...@tinkerpop.apache.org, Aurelius, gremli...@googlegroups.com
I am the founder and developer of Ferma, a tinkerpop2 and tinkerpop3 ORM / OGM. I beleive it is still the fastest and most popular one out there but havent checked in a few months. https://github.com/Syncleus/Ferma

With that said if there is any way I can get involved or help out I would be happy to get the Ferma project involved.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Alain Rodriguez <al...@uber.com> wrote:
+1 Can't wait to hear more details!

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 6:14:10 AM UTC-8, Tom Ellis wrote:
Does this therefore spell the death of Titan? There will be no fork?

Austin Sharp

Dec 16, 2016, 12:39:35 PM12/16/16
to Aurelius, d...@tinkerpop.apache.org, gremli...@googlegroups.com
This is my question as well. Is this new project starting over from scratch, or will it be something evolutionary based on the Titan codebase?

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 6:14:10 AM UTC-8, Tom Ellis wrote:
Does this therefore spell the death of Titan? There will be no fork?

Jason Plurad

Dec 16, 2016, 5:20:39 PM12/16/16
to Gremlin-users, aureliu...@googlegroups.com, d...@tinkerpop.apache.org
As a followup to my post on December 8th, I wanted to share that we had a kickoff meeting this morning with the Linux Foundation to review the charter for our community graph project.

We are forking the Titan code base. The name "Titan" cannot be used, so a new name has been chosen.

We will continue and coordinate the efforts already underway for the past year by organizations around the world. We will post a plan with more specific details of features and future development plans, including participation guidelines, in January.

Happy Holidays!

-- Jason

王斌

Dec 21, 2016, 3:52:39 AM12/21/16
to Aurelius, d...@tinkerpop.apache.org, gremli...@googlegroups.com

It's so great, thanks Jason
在 2016年12月9日星期五 UTC+8上午3:24:33,Jason Plurad写道:

Palash Kulshrestha

Jan 5, 2017, 2:35:12 AM1/5/17
to Aurelius, d...@tinkerpop.apache.org, gremli...@googlegroups.com
great, looking forward to it. Thanks Jason and everyone involved.