TinkerPop Graduates from Incubation

Stephen Mallette

May 23, 2016, 9:09:43 AM5/23/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Hello TinkerPop - after about 18 months of incubating, we've incubated all we can incubate in the Apache Incubator and the incubation to end all incubations has culminated with Apache TinkerPop becoming a top-level project at Apache. Please see the official announcement here on the Apache Software Foundation blog:

Media preview

Jason Plurad

May 23, 2016, 9:53:18 AM5/23/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
+1 to all the TinkerPoppers out there that contributed!

Marko Rodriguez

May 23, 2016, 10:49:07 AM5/23/16
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Congratulations everyone --- and thank you Stephen for being the Chair of the project. You are perfect for the task at hand and what is to come.

Take care,
Marko.

Dylan Millikin

May 23, 2016, 11:17:42 AM5/23/16
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Grats guys. I'm genuinely excited about this.
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen.

Jean-Baptiste Musso

May 23, 2016, 11:26:05 AM5/23/16
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Stephen Mallette <spmal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello TinkerPop - after about 18 months of incubating, we've incubated all we can incubate in the Apache Incubator and the incubation to end all incubations has culminated with Apache TinkerPop becoming a top-level project at Apache. Please see the official announcement here on the Apache Software Foundation blog:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces91

Congratulations to everyone involved -- a well-deserved graduation for
a finely crafted piece of technology!

Jean-Baptiste

Benjamin Gudehus

May 23, 2016, 11:33:28 AM5/23/16
to gremli...@googlegroups.com, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Amazing, great work.

I've used Gremlin between 0.x and 1.0 [1] a few years ago and implemented a small (internally used) data flow "library" based
on the ideas of Tinkerpop Pipes. Now I started to migrate to TinkerPop 3.2 a few days ago and am very excited.

The TinkerPop3 documentation includes enough information to transfer the concepts of the old components (Pipes, Gremlin,
Frames, ...) to the new structure and process API. Hope you'll keep the images of the old mascots in the docs and slides, even
when they vanish more and more from the API.

--Benjamin

James Thornton

May 23, 2016, 2:39:45 PM5/23/16
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations fellow TinkerPoppers!

Big thank you to Marko, Josh, Alex, Peter, and all the TinkerPop founders for forming the project 7 years ago and establishing the Gremlin Users group on Dec 21 2009, to Marko and Stephen for your continued hard work, devotion, and massive contributions to Apache TinkerPop and the graph community over the years, and to Stephen for helming the ship as during the Apache incubation process over the last year.

Exciting things to come as Apache TinkerPop enters this new phase as a top-level Apache project.

- James

Kelvin Lawrence

May 23, 2016, 8:55:45 PM5/23/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
It's hard to believe it has been 18 months already. Congrats to all involved.

Kelvin

Mathias Bogaert

May 24, 2016, 8:13:46 AM5/24/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Only recently started with TinkerPop, but very happy with it, congratulations guys!

Daniel Quest

May 29, 2016, 8:14:42 AM5/29/16
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
I concur! Some amazing hard work!  Congrats you guys!

Sent from my iPhone

Ranger Tsao

May 29, 2016, 11:58:01 AM5/29/16
to Gremlin-users, d...@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org
Great!!!
Congratulations!!!

在 2016年5月23日星期一 UTC+8下午9:09:43,Stephen Mallette写道: