Amazon Neptune

Stephen Mallette

Nov 29, 2017, 1:37:45 PM11/29/17
to Gremlin-users
Another Apache TinkerPop enabled graph database - this time from Amazon:

Ray Scott

Nov 29, 2017, 4:33:00 PM11/29/17
to Gremlin-users
I wonder how much you’ll get nickled & dimed for using it? Once upon a time I setup Titan on AWS’s Free Tier using DynamoDB as the backing store and ran out of credit just loading one of the toy graphs. :-0

I would think it’s quite difficult to find a direct correlation between reads & writes and perceived customer value. A user logs into a dashboard console & BOOM that’ll cost you a $1 in processing every single time.

Ray Scott

Nov 30, 2017, 3:43:22 AM11/30/17
to Gremlin-users
For anyone who's interested with regard to what Amazon are actually running in order to provide Neptune, according to a commenter on this Hacker News thread, Amazon quietly acquired BlazeGraph which is how they are also able to provide support for RDF/SPARQL.