New user: problem connecting to Gremlin Server: "[eval] message contains 20 bindings"

Richard Taylor

Jul 16, 2017, 12:29:33 PM7/16/17
to Gremlin-users
Hi

I am completely new to Gremlin and TinkerPOP. I have just completed the excellent Getting Started Tutorial.

I know Python and use Jupyter Notebook when I can. So I was excited to find IPython-Gremlin (http://ipython-gremlin.readthedocs.io) as it looked like just the thing I needed for my early exploration into Graph analysis.

But I have hit a problem at the first step. When I try to run the test notebook that comes with IPython-Gremlin I get the following error:

           GremlinServerError: 499: The [eval] message contains 20 bindings which is more than is allowed by the server 16 configuration

I have searched and searched but I can work out how to solve this. I have looked at the Gremlin Server source code and found the bit that raises the error but I am none the wiser how to solve it. I can find no reference to the number of allowed 'bindings' in any of the config files.

Can anyone suggest how I might get over this hurdle?

Many thanks

Richard

gremlin-server-3.2.5
python-3.6.1
jupyter-notebook-5.0.0

Stephen Mallette

Jul 17, 2017, 6:20:06 AM7/17/17
to Gremlin-users
That's a new feature in 3.2.5. The setting is described in the upgrade docs:

but also in the reference documentation under the OpProcessor configurations:

Richard Taylor