Error com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.keycolumnvalue.keyvalue.OrderedKeyValueStoreManagerAdapter is not supported

ro...@dalchemy.com

May 20, 2016, 7:10:38 AM5/20/16
to Gremlin-users
I am using Titan 1.0  with Berkeley DB and Elastic search engine for indexing with conf/titan-berkeleyje-es.properties file.
I am trying to index test-database using the test example as mentioned in the link :
http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/docs/titan/1.0.0/index-admin.html

I am executing the steps as mentioned in  "Reindex Example on MapReduce"

I get the following error while executing the test example for "updateIndex"

gremlin> graph = TitanFactory.open("conf.properties")
==>standardtitangraph[berkeleyje:/home/ambertag/db/berkeley]
gremlin> g = graph.traversal()
==>graphtraversalsource[standardtitangraph[berkeleyje:/home/ambertag/db/berkeley], standard]
gremlin>
gremlin> // Define a property
==>true
gremlin> mgmt = graph.openManagement()
==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem@44a14de0
gremlin> desc = mgmt.makePropertyKey("desc").dataType(String.class).make()
==>desc
gremlin> mgmt.commit()
==>null
gremlin>
gremlin> // Insert some data
==>true
gremlin> graph.addVertex("desc", "foo bar")
==>v[4168]
gremlin> graph.addVertex("desc", "foo baz")
==>v[8264]
gremlin> graph.tx().commit()
==>null

gremlin> g.V().has("desc","baz")
14:28:38 WARN  com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.transaction.StandardTitanTx  - Query requires iterating over all vertices [(desc = baz)]. For better performance, use indexes
gremlin>
gremlin> // Create an index
==>true
gremlin> mgmt = graph.openManagement()
==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem@e2c627e
gremlin>
gremlin> desc = mgmt.getPropertyKey("desc")
==>desc
gremlin> mixedIndex=mgmt.buildIndex("mixedExample",Vertex.class).addKey(desc).buildMixedIndex("search")
==>mixedExample
gremlin> mgmt.commit()
==>null
gremlin> // Rollback or commit transactions on the graph which predate the index definition
==>true
gremlin> graph.tx().rollback()
==>null
gremlin>
gremlin> // Block until the SchemaStatus transitions from INSTALLED to REGISTERED

gremlin> mgmt = graph.openManagement()
==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem@521c67f0
gremlin> mr = new MapReduceIndexManagement(graph)
==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.hadoop.MapReduceIndexManagement@7f1fec57
gremlin> mr.updateIndex(mgmt.getGraphIndex("mixedExample"), SchemaAction.REINDEX).get()
Store manager class class com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.keycolumnvalue.keyvalue.OrderedKeyValueStoreManagerAdapteris not supported

I have a running instance of elasticsearch .

Is there anything that i am missing ? Any changes to be made to  updateIndex?

Regards,
Roopa

Jason Plurad

May 20, 2016, 8:34:49 AM5/20/16
to Gremlin-users
In order to use the MapReduce job to reindex, you'll need to use a distributed backend -- HBase or Cassandra. For Berkeley, you should reindex via TitanManagement.

http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/docs/titan/1.0.0/index-admin.html#_preparing_to_reindex

"Reindex on MapReduce supports large, horizontally-distributed databases. Reindex on TitanManagement spawns a single-machine OLAP job. This is intended for convenience and speed on those databases small enough to be handled by one machine."

-- Jason

ro...@dalchemy.com

May 23, 2016, 3:22:31 AM5/23/16
to Gremlin-users
Thanks Jason.
I am not getting any errors now for updateIndex.

Is there a way to check whether my indexes are set ?
This is the execution statement after I set the index as mentioned in the example.
"Example for TitanManagement". Note that there is no planner WARNing statement.
gremlin> g.V().has("name", "lop")
gremlin>

However, if I execute:
gremlin> g.V()
11:49:22 WARN  com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.transaction.StandardTitanTx  - Query requires iterating over all vertices [()]. For better performance, use indexes
==>v[4096]
==>v[4168]
==>v[4192]
==>v[4200]
==>v[8296]
==>v[4224]

Are my indexes set ? How do i check them out?

Roopa