Faunus + ( Cassandra with Credentials )

Suhale MK

Jun 2, 2014, 6:25:47 PM6/2/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hi

 I just started playing with Faunus jobs and I could run queries on Graph of Gods data set all fine. Now I'm trying to access Cassandra [which is password protected] from Faunus.  I didn't see any documentation of how to specify credentials, so besides other entries in titan-cassandra-input.properties file I added

faunus.graph.input.titan.storage.username=<user>
faunus.graph.input.titan.storage.password=<password>

But when I run even a simple query:  g.V.count(),  I get

INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id : attempt_201406021432_0015_m_000000_0, Status : FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to load keyspace titan
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$RowIterator.<init>(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:258)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$RowIterator.<init>(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:222)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$StaticRowIterator.<init>(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:313)
        at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$StaticRowIterator.<init>(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:313)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader.initialize(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:178)
at com.thinkaurelius.faunus.formats.titan.cassandra.TitanCassandraRecordReader.initialize(TitanCassandraRecordReader.java:35)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.initialize(MapTask.java:521)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:763)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1190)
Caused by: InvalidRequestException(why:You have not logged in)
at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$describe_keyspace_result.read(Cassandra.java:28185)

I am able to login to Titan via gremlin with the same credentials. It is only with Faunus I have this issue. Wondering what'd be the correct way to provide credentials here.

Titan: 0.4.4, Faunus: 0.4.4, Cassandra: 1.2.2 [on a different host], Hadoop: 1.2.1 [running on my laptop]

Thanks
Suhale

Dan LaRocque

Jun 23, 2014, 3:46:51 PM6/23/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suhale,

This is a bug. It stems from Faunus using a Cassandra backend separate
from that used by an ordinary Titan instance. I think we need to tell
Faunus's org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader instance
about storage.username and storage.password. It looks like CFRR has
hooks for these.

Opened an issue on Titan since Faunus is getting merged into Titan 0.5:
https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan/issues/667

thanks,
Dan