Is there any built-in construct in gremlin to search a value(String) in all properties of a vertex?

HARSHIT KUMAR GUPTA

Apr 25, 2017, 8:29:50 AM4/25/17
to Gremlin-users
I want to search a string in all properties of a vertex.
Is there support in tinker pop gremlin for such free text search?

Marko Rodriguez

Apr 25, 2017, 9:13:16 AM4/25/17
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We currently do not support text- and geo-search in TinkerPop. Instead, it is up to the graph system providers to specify those predicates. The reason we do not support these is that there is no standard convention for regex and geo.

Which graph system are you using?

Marko.
On Apr 25, 2017, at 6:26 AM, HARSHIT KUMAR GUPTA <harshi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I want to search a string in all properties of a vertex.
Is there support in tinker pop gremlin for such free text search?

HARSHIT KUMAR GUPTA

Apr 26, 2017, 12:08:28 AM4/26/17
to Gremlin-users
We are planning to use Titan with Cassandra backend.
Is there any plan in to support Free text search in Tinker Pop in future?
Could you guide us on how we can write such extension for tinker pop?
Thanks for your support.

Stephen Mallette

Apr 28, 2017, 7:53:35 AM4/28/17
to Gremlin-users
I don't think you need to write your own extension - Titan/JanusGraph already have Regex/Geo type predicates.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gremlin-users/a3d52dd6-054b-4ccc-bc91-708ee011c97a%40googlegroups.com.

Amit Chandak

Stephen Mallette

Apr 20, 2018, 1:58:30 PM4/20/18
to Gremlin-users
I'm pretty sure cypher allows regex espressions, but we do no such optimization in the Neo4j implementation. I'd be curious if the bolt implementation allowed for that.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gremlin-users/7f0f7d2a-91db-48e6-916f-e917a3b5716c%40googlegroups.com.