addVertex through Gremlin on TitanDB - Vertex ID always start from 4

Dileep Sethuraman

Mar 25, 2015, 10:21:17 AM3/25/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I have a problem in that whenever I create the first vertex on a newly instantiated database, it is always assigned vertex ID 4 and thereon every new vertex is assigned IDs in the multiples of 4:

g.addVertex(1,[name:"hello"])
==>v[4]

Does anyone have an insight as to why this is happening ?

Daniel Kuppitz

Mar 25, 2015, 10:24:58 AM3/25/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Titan doesn't support user supplied IDs. If you depend on a custom ID, use a property instead and consider using the IdGraph wrapper.

Cheers,
Daniel

Kevin I

Mar 26, 2015, 11:12:19 AM3/26/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Daniel! But is there any reason why the IDs are assigned in multiples of 4?

Always remember that the world around you is made by people that are no smarter than you and me.

Daniel Kuppitz

Mar 26, 2015, 2:35:54 PM3/26/15
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there's a reason, but I forgot what it is :). I believe Matthias once answered that on the Aurelius mailing list, but it was months ago.

Cheers,
Daniel