Created Index in INSTALLED state

Colin Hall

Apr 28, 2016, 5:14:27 PM4/28/16
to Gremlin-users
I seem to be hitting this more often that not so I have to assume I'm doing something wrong but as for the life of me I don't know what it is.

gremlin> graph.tx().rollback()

==>null

gremlin> mgr = graph.openManagement()

==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem@1ac730cd

gremlin> idxBuilder = mgr.buildIndex('idxAmName',Vertex.class)

==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem$IndexBuilder@72ce812e

gremlin> paramType = Mapping.TEXTSTRING.asParameter()

==>mapping->TEXTSTRING

gremlin> idxBuilder.addKey(mgr.getPropertyKey('amName'),paramType)

==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem$IndexBuilder@72ce812e

gremlin> elementLabel = mgr.getVertexLabel('accountManager')

==>accountManager

gremlin> idxBuilder.indexOnly(elementLabel)

==>com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem$IndexBuilder@72ce812e

gremlin> idxBuilder.buildMixedIndex('search')

==>idxAmName

gremlin> mgr.commit()

==>null

gremlin> import com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.management.ManagementSystem

gremlin>ManagementSystem.awaitGraphIndexStatus(graph, "idxAmName").call()

==>GraphIndexStatusReport[success=false, indexName='idxAmName', targetStatus=REGISTERED, notConverged={amName=INSTALLED}, converged={}, elapsed=PT1M0.212S]

gremlin> ManagementSystem.awaitGraphIndexStatus(graph, "idxAmName").call()

==>GraphIndexStatusReport[success=false, indexName='idxAmName', targetStatus=REGISTERED, notConverged={amName=INSTALLED}, converged={}, elapsed=PT1M0.173S]

gremlin> ManagementSystem.awaitGraphIndexStatus(graph, "idxAmName").call()

==>GraphIndexStatusReport[success=false, indexName='idxAmName', targetStatus=REGISTERED, notConverged={amName=INSTALLED}, converged={}, elapsed=PT1M0.125S]

the index is created in ES but it never leaves the INSTALLED state in titan.

I can't disable it and I can't manually force it to register.

For context - the amName property has data in it - but it is a very small number of vertices (under 100)

Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong here and/or how to recover from this?

Thanks,

ch.

Colin Hall

May 6, 2016, 8:08:26 PM5/6/16
to Gremlin-users
can anyone offer some advice here? i'm fine with something low level and manual if need be but i'm currently at a loss as to how to deal with this.

thanks,
ch.

Colin Hall

May 7, 2016, 11:19:04 AM5/7/16
to Gremlin-users
I'm chalking this up to some sort of low level corruption.  The solution ultimately involved a rebuild of the graph from the schema up but at least I'm operational again and able to create indexes.