Where to learn Gremlin?

Augusto Will

Oct 10, 2017, 10:07:33 PM10/10/17
to Gremlin-users
Hi,
where can I learn Gremlin? The official documentation seems to me so confuse to learn and I cant find tutorials, videos or free online classes.

Jason Plurad

Oct 10, 2017, 10:20:18 PM10/10/17
to Gremlin-users

jo...@experoinc.com

Oct 11, 2017, 10:57:36 AM10/11/17
to Gremlin-users
Hey there. We have Gremlin training that we offer from Expero: https://www.experoinc.com/lp/gremlin

Consider that as another resource. I must also give props to Kevin Lawrence. His is a marvelous resource that's been much needed.

Daniel Kuppitz

Oct 11, 2017, 3:18:36 PM10/11/17
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Out of curiosity, when you say official documentation, are you referring to the reference docs only or also to the tutorials linked on the homepage?

Cheers,
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Augusto Will <pw...@pwill.com.br> wrote:
Hi,
where can I learn Gremlin? The official documentation seems to me so confuse to learn and I cant find tutorials, videos or free online classes.

Augusto Will

Oct 11, 2017, 7:06:08 PM10/11/17
to Gremlin-users
Daniel, both are not didactical way to learn. To me learn Gremlin from that is almost a nightmare. But I search a lot and cant find good material to learn, videos tutorials are too much basic and a little intemediate thing or things we do commonly in SQL is not covered, specially when we need to mix all these things. So much complicated.
Someone can learn Gremlin only from this documentation? Or am I missing out on some graph database theory to be able to understand this documentation? I can't, and see other people with the same difficulty.
All material that cover Gremlin is appreciated.
I just spend more than 20 days trying to learn this and trying to find more material about, this does not seem to exist. Anyway...

Em quarta-feira, 11 de outubro de 2017 16:18:36 UTC-3, Daniel Kuppitz escreveu:
Out of curiosity, when you say official documentation, are you referring to the reference docs only or also to the tutorials linked on the homepage?

Cheers,
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Augusto Will <pw...@pwill.com.br> wrote:
Hi,
where can I learn Gremlin? The official documentation seems to me so confuse to learn and I cant find tutorials, videos or free online classes.

Robert Dale

Oct 11, 2017, 8:39:43 PM10/11/17
to gremli...@googlegroups.com

Robert Dale

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gremlin-users/89ee7016-0b74-44eb-8d82-686f8a15841e%40googlegroups.com.

Jason Plurad

Oct 11, 2017, 8:51:08 PM10/11/17
to Gremlin-users
Daniel's SQL2Gremlin is linked off the Tutorials on the Apache TinkerPop home page to find it. Perhaps we should make the Tutorials appear inline in the body.

Here are all the Tutorials for reference:

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 8:39:43 PM UTC-4, Robert Dale wrote:

Robert Dale