using transactions with python gremlin

Amyth Arora

Sep 14, 2017, 9:11:47 AM9/14/17
to Gremlin-users
Is there any python library to communicate with the gremlin-server that supports transactions. I have tried the following libraries already:

 - goblin
 - Tinkerpop gremlin-python
 - aiogremlin

I need to submit my write queries through a python application and I also need to make the use of transactions. What's my best bet ?

Stephen Mallette

Sep 14, 2017, 3:02:20 PM9/14/17
to Gremlin-users
If you need complex transactions within a single request then you will need to use a raw driver and scripts (the script would include transaction commit/rollback statements as needed). If you want to manage transactions that span multiple requests then you would again use a raw driver and scripts and then use a session.