[Poster] A Stress Test of Titan (6 machine cluster - 14 machine read/write servers)

Marko Rodriguez

Jul 9, 2012, 12:30:38 PM7/9/12
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Matthias Broecheler and I are at GraphLab 2012 presenting a poster about Titan.

This poster presents an overview of Titan along with some excellent stress testing done by Matthias and Dan LaRoque. The stress test uses a 6 machine Titan cluster with 14 read/write servers slamming Titan with various read/writes. The results are presented in terms of the number of bytes being read/write from disk, the average runtime of the queries, the cost of a transaction on Amazon EC2, and a speculation of the number of concurrent users are concurrently interacting.

Enjoy!,
Marko.

Daniel Quest

Jul 9, 2012, 11:07:21 PM7/9/12
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  I am very impressed by all the colors wish I could be there!

-Dan

Matthias Broecheler

Jul 11, 2012, 3:18:55 AM7/11/12
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
No, we have not yet done an extensive Titan over HBase evaluation. If somebody has a particular use case they would like to evaluate the HBase storage backend for, please let us know.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM, McKinley <mckinl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you have plans to test and calculate the pricing HBase too?

--
Matthias Broecheler, PhD
http://www.matthiasb.com