Clarification for glass in Green Buildings

0 просмотров

Somasundaram Senthilkumar

не прочитано,
31 янв. 2009 г., 09:30:0631.01.2009
– greenbuil...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

Please find attached a word doc. Where there is a list of queries that I normally come across. I would very much appreciate it if you can kindly clarify the same. I would be highly indebted if the response is even in layman terms as that would help me in easier understanding.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Senthil Kumar

9810005467

Information in this email and any attachments is confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed
or otherwise directed. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The Company accepts no liability for any damage
All SGS services are rendered in accordance with the applicable SGS
conditions of service available on request and accessible at
http://www.sgs.com/terms_and_conditions.htm

"This e-mail may contain confidential and/ or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, dissemination or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information (either whole or partial) is strictly prohibited.

E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."

Green Building.doc

jyotirmay mathur

не прочитано,
1 февр. 2009 г., 06:44:2201.02.2009
– greenbuil...@googlegroups.com
senthil kumar,

i am starting to answer your questions, other may join me by taking up remaining questions:

Your question about glazing: Generally, whenever we come across a green building project, architect asks whether your glass is compliant to green building or not, if yes, then how much points can be accrued using your glass. Is there any straight answer to that.

Ans: there is nothing like any particular product being compliant to Green building. This is a wrong (distorted) interpretation of any product meeting the value mentioned as 'base case value' or 'prescriptive approach value' in ASHRAE90.1 or ECBC. I have also come across few product manufacturers that misuse this fact for claiming that their product is green building compliant. e.g. if a glass is having SHGC 0.25 it doesn't mean that it is green building compliant, because there are several green buildings that do not use glass with 0.25 SHGC.

how many points any glass can fetch, depends upon the building shape, shading devices used, % area of glass, wall and roof construction and even on internal load. As a result, there is NO single answer to selection of glass. any no. of points between 'ZERO' to 8 are achievable with glass.

hope it clarifies the situation.

jyotirmay
--
Dr.-Ing. Jyotirmay Mathur
Coordinator, PG Program in Energy Engineering

Prashanth Ramana

не прочитано,
3 февр. 2009 г., 08:48:0903.02.2009
– greenbuil...@googlegroups.com
Senthil,

The answer to most of your questions is available readily on www.glassisgreen.com

I hope you find it useful.

Best regards,

Prashanth Venkataramana

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Somasundaram Senthilkumar <somasundar...@aisglass.com> wrote:

Vishal Garg

не прочитано,
4 февр. 2009 г., 20:11:1604.02.2009
– greenbuil...@googlegroups.com
Here is your question on Daylighting:

  1. Daylight

Credit 8.1 (1 Point): Achieve a minimum daylight factor of 2% (excluding all direct penetration) in 75% of all space occupied for crucial visual tasks.

?         Do we have any control on the glazing area of the building if design doesn't achieve minimum Daylight factor of 2% in all 75% occupied space.

?         Can we suggest some design or dimensions so as to let more light inside to cover at least 75% of occupant area or is it totally depends on architects design

Generally it is expected that the architect would take care of the Daylighting requirement by having right openings and by selecting the appropriate glass. However, you can always make a suggestion to increase/decrease the window area and for selecting the right glass to meet this requirement. Usually the simple excel sheet approach is followed to find the daylight factor.

Vishal

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Somasundaram Senthilkumar <somasundar...@aisglass.com> wrote:

Vishal Garg

не прочитано,
5 февр. 2009 г., 20:20:3005.02.2009
– greenbuil...@googlegroups.com
Here is your question on Recycled content:

  1. Recycled Content

Credit 4.1 (1 Point): use material with recycled content such that the sum of post-consumer content plus one half of the post-industrial content constitutes at least 5% of the total value of the material used in project

?         How much % of post consumer content & post industrial content is used in glass

That depends on what is going into manufacturing the glass!

?         Complying the above condition can bring in points for glass

Glass has a big cost component but steel, cement, false ceiling, bricks can contribute more.

?         Is it the total value of building material which bring in points

                     Yes, it is the total cost of the building materials.

Vishal
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать