Replacing entire html code (question)

Anıl Demirtaş

Jan 25, 2017, 2:57:22 AM1/25/17
to greasemonkey-users
So i opened source code of a simple web page (no image video or fancy stuff just text and numbers) and edited the numbers. my question is is it possible to make chrome show the edited code instead of the original code when someone goes that link

Nathan Tuggy

Jan 25, 2017, 3:11:18 AM1/25/17
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Greasemonkey can perform arbitrary operations on the page as it's shown
in the browser, up to and including replacing the whole thing from scratch.

However, this only affects the local copy that Greasemonkey is run on.
You cannot, e.g., force the server to serve a new page to anyone
visiting from any other computer, or with any other browser or profile.

Userscripts are strictly local augmentations, code that you personally
run for yourself, and can only make those changes to other computers
that you yourself could make.

--
Nathan