How to put foreign special chars (e.g. german Umlaute) into GM script?

Ben Stover

Jun 14, 2015, 2:48:50 AM6/14/15
to Greasemonkey Users
Assume I want to code the following statement in a GM script:

$("div:contains('Frühstück')").css("display", "none");

I am not sure if your email client displays the search pattern above correctly.

It contains TWO german Umlaute ü = ü

If I drag this *.user.js script onto Firefox then Firefox resp. GM tells me that the script is rejected because it is not UTF-8
encoded.

How can I embed text search pattern strings with special foreign chars otherwise?

Is there e.g. a masking?

Thank you
Ben

janekptacijarabaci

Jun 15, 2015, 8:00:29 AM6/15/15
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
The difference - see attached files (the file "...false" - "Error reading script: All Greasemonkey scripts MUST be encoded with UTF-8. / Fehler beim Lesen des Skripts: Alle Greasemonkey Skripte MÜSSEN UTF-8-kodiert sein.").

Dne neděle 14. června 2015 8:48:50 UTC+2 Ben napsal(a):
testing_utf-8_false.user.js
testing_utf-8_true.user.js