SCPD Script - Help updating and runing

RSlth

Sep 14, 2015, 10:09:28 AM9/14/15
to greasemonkey-users
Hi

I need to download SCPD videos as my internet is far to slow to stream the videos live.  My research suggests that a greasemonkey script exists for what I am after but I can't make it work.

The script: http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/168930

So far I have:
- added the greasemonkey plugin to firefox
- installed the script within the plug in.

Not sure what I do next.  Help please :)

Thanks.

RSlth

Tithen Firion

Sep 16, 2015, 11:36:34 AM9/16/15
to greasemonkey-users
This script probably doesn't work. At least it does nothing on pages I tested (Link 1, Link 2, Link 3). But this simple script works fine:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        SCPD Lecture Video Link Extractor
// @include     http://myvideos.stanford.edu/player/*
// @include     http://myvideosv.stanford.edu/player/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// @run-at      document-end
// ==/UserScript==

alert
(unsafeWindow.videoURI.replace('mms:','mmsh:'));

With this you get MMSH stream URL. There are many ways to download it, I usually use avconv from libav:
avconv -i <download url> -c copy <output filename>

Example:

If you have ffmpeg, you can use it too, syntax is the same.

Rob

Sep 19, 2015, 11:13:16 PM9/19/15
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
Perfect. Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPad

Robert External

Nov 3, 2015, 7:13:09 AM11/3/15
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com, tithen....@gmail.com
Hi Tithen

Thank you again for this.

Is there any chance you could review your script? It worked perfectly until Stanford updated their website

Thanks, Rslth