Problem with Firefox context menu

Gary Shapiro

Nov 17, 2015, 9:08:56 PM11/17/15
to greasemonkey-users
I installed the latest version of GM on Fx45.  Upon getting into Fx the first time I right-click to bring up the context menu the menu jumps up a bit.  It's almost as if an entry is being hidden. Disabling GM 'fixes' this problem.  Works the same with a new profile and previous versions of GM and the latest beta.

Any ideas on this?

Anthony Lieuallen

Nov 18, 2015, 9:07:45 AM11/18/15
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Gary Shapiro <gary...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any ideas on this?

Learn to live with it, or convince Mozilla to stop pushing multi-process Firefox.

Gary Shapiro

Nov 18, 2015, 10:37:22 AM11/18/15
to greasemonkey-users

I assume then it is a known problem and not just happening to me?  If so, I would think that a developer would want to fix everything broken by a permanent change made to Fx, in this case e10s.  If there is no way to fix it because of technical issues then so be it.

Anthony Lieuallen

Nov 18, 2015, 10:55:33 AM11/18/15
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Gary Shapiro <gary...@gmail.com> wrote:
I assume then it is a known problem and not just happening to me?  If so, I would think that a developer would want to fix everything broken by a permanent change made to Fx, in this case e10s.  If there is no way to fix it because of technical issues then so be it.

This is indeed intended behavior, not "broken".

Gary Shapiro

Nov 18, 2015, 11:55:56 AM11/18/15
to greasemonkey-users

I turned off e10s and I still get the same context menu problem.  What do you make of this?

Anthony Lieuallen

Nov 18, 2015, 5:41:41 PM11/18/15
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Gary Shapiro <gary...@gmail.com> wrote:
I turned off e10s and I still get the same context menu problem.  What do you make of this?

The code that does this was written for e10s compatibility.

Gary Shapiro

Nov 18, 2015, 7:51:09 PM11/18/15
to greasemonkey-users

For the most part the menu works fine under non-e10s.  There was one occasion under non-e10s where I restarted Fx and the menu jumped the first time.

janekptacijarabaci

Nov 19, 2015, 2:40:24 PM11/19/15
to greasemonkey-users
See https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/pull/2337