Greasemonkey V4.1 not working with Firefox 52ESR

501 wyświetleń

Jason Krietsch

nieprzeczytany,
21 gru 2017, 16:13:5021.12.2017
do greasemonkey-users
 Since I have multiple extensions that were irrevocably broken by Firefox updating, I decided to roll back to the extended support version of 52 to keep them working.

Unfortunately it seems like v4.1 is not compatible with Firefox 52, it does not handle existing scripts, the option to create a script is greyed out, but as soon as I roll back to 3.17 it goes back just fine.

Is there anything that I can do to make it work, or should I just disable updating of greasemonkey until I have no choice but to update to FF57?

Anthony Lieuallen

nieprzeczytany,
22 gru 2017, 18:07:2922.12.2017
do greasemon...@googlegroups.com
It should work but sticking with 3.17 is a fine option.

mant...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
25 gru 2017, 16:08:3325.12.2017
do greasemonkey-users
Hi,

just installed GM4.1 for Firefox ESR 52.2.1 (32-bit) WinXP

GM installed, enabled, active
Firebug disabled as advised,
AdBlock disabled

I can create a new script as Unnamed Script only but nothing more
no update if I change its name to Hello World

any idea ?

I test examples from
http://hayageek.com/greasemonkey-tutorial/

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Hello World
// @namespace   http://hayageek.com
// @include     *
// @version     1
// ==/UserScript==

alert("hello world");

How to make the above script code to be saved and its name updated from Unnamed to Hello World ?

No button to save a script.

greetings,
jack

mant...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
25 gru 2017, 16:18:1325.12.2017
do greasemonkey-users
Just reinstalled GM3.17
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/

and GM is back

thank you.

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 10:13:50 PM UTC+1, Jason Krietsch wrote:
Wiadomość została usunięta

T.BugReporter

nieprzeczytany,
26 sty 2018, 03:16:3526.01.2018
do greasemonkey-users
Gm 4.1 claims on a.m.o to be compatible with Ff 52, so I installed it on my ESR.  Big mistake - the monkey menu never shows any installed scripts; I purposely installed some new ones to see what was going on, but they never showed up, either.  Based on the rest of this thread, it appears that a.m.o is lying, so unless I get a reply to this with a workaround, I'm going back to Gm 3.17 - but can't somebody fix a.m.o so my ESR stops thinking that replacing my 3.17 with 4.1 is a good idea?

Jeff Z.

nieprzeczytany,
6 lut 2018, 16:38:326.02.2018
do greasemonkey-users
I agree wholeheartedly with what T.BugReporter said above, with one additional bit: some of us who cannot afford the latest and greatest hardware and software CANNOT upgrade to FF 57 and are stuck with FF 52 ESR.  In this situation, there is no way I can possibly make GM 4.1 (or any version 4.0+) work.

Yet it still keeps trying to install GM 4.1 on my computer every time I check other addons for upgrades.  Please, make it stop!

Seriously, can whatever flag tells the Add-ons Manager that GM 4.1 is compatible with FF 52 ESR please be toggled?

Vivek Das Mohapatra

nieprzeczytany,
11 mar 2018, 21:22:1611.03.2018
do greasemonkey-users
It absolutely does not. Reverting to 3.x and disabling updates seems to be the way to go.

4.x's behaviour on FF 52 is as follows:

 - all userscripts are gone (they're still in the sqlite storage but GM 4.x does not acknowledge them)
 - "new script" does nothing

Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż