Who has decided greasemonkey 1.15.1-signed is not compatible with firefox 29?

Barbarossa Jones

Sep 1, 2017, 3:47:56 AM9/1/17
to greasemonkey-users
I've been using this combination for years and it works fine. I have a script for a game that needs this combination - The script does not work on the later version of greasemonkey.

Please can you reinstate the download for greasemonkey 1.15.1-signed for firefox 29, 30 and 31?

If I have not asked the right people, please tell me the right people to ask!!

Thanks,
Barbarossa.

jerone

Sep 1, 2017, 2:53:52 PM9/1/17
to greasemonkey-users
All version of GM can be downloaded here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/
Aldo using an outdated version of GM and - more importantly - Firefox, seems like a really bad decision, security wise.

Gord Villeneuve

Nov 3, 2017, 7:11:25 PM11/3/17
to greasemonkey-users
Greasemonkey 1.15.1-signed - Won't let you add it to ff 29.0 and Download anyway only lets you save a greasemonkey-1.15-fx.xpi file that you can't link to! We need that link turned back on!

Jaxom

Nov 16, 2017, 1:20:27 AM11/16/17
to greasemonkey-users
I agree with you as well. I will also use an outdated version of Firefox and greasemonkey to keep my scripts working. To hell with Firefox people. The want to fuck everyone that uses the scripts, then fuck them too. Let them keep their updated version and stick it up their ass. I have blocked all future updates to Firefox. It is a dead end program now. It has become another IE. It is now taking up 7 tasks on my task manager and I have to shut it down often and reopen it because it eats up all 4g of my memory. Right now it is at 94% and is the only thing running. Every time they update, it adds one or two more running tasks. I keep hoping it will drop back to one task after an update but I have given up on that. Firefox is becoming unusable. I only use it now for the grease monkey scripts. As far as security issues, that is just a scare tactic to get people to update Firefox. The people at Firefox have abandoned their users for compatibility to Google Chrome which Google will not even use and the rest of us do not care to use. Google tried making their own OS and used Firefox instead of their Google Chrome. If that does not tell you something than you are blind. Who cares if FF is compatible to Chrome? I have never download Chrome but I may have to now and replace Firefox. This is going to be their downfall. Firefox is signing their death warrant.