Learning Mapknitter 2 and my frustrations

Cindy Regalado

Mar 9, 2015, 7:06:11 AM3/9/15
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Jeffrey Warren
Hello! I went into mapknitter to create a map for Eastbourne, UK and ran into a few issues I could not figure out (using chrome):
- one of the uploaded pictures kept the red 'rotate' edge circles even when I was working on other pictures (see attached) - I wanted to see if it would come out in the exported picture but...
- export was taking a long time (been waiting 15min) but I never found out how long it would have taken because by mistake...
- I clicked on 'Leaflet'; this opened a page on the same tab so when I pressed the back Cotton I got a message saying something like "This looks like a new map" and my pictures were all gone :(
Can Leaflet open in a new tab instead?
- When a picture is uploaded and I don't need it, can it be removed from the 'Uploaded images' window?
- If I use an image from the 'uploaded images' window but then delete it from the map for whatever reason I cannot go back to 'place image' because it is already been used - so I have to uploaded it again - or am I missing something?
- And lastly, I miss the undo button :O
Cheers!

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Cindy Regalado

Mar 9, 2015, 9:21:30 AM3/9/15
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Jeffrey Warren
Oh - then when I restarted my computer and opened chrome again, there was my map on the mapknitter tab... only one image had been completely distorted and a couple others had been duplicated but yey! my map was there ;)
--
/Cindy Regalado

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 9, 2015, 3:24:24 PM3/9/15
to Cindy Regalado, w...@publiclab.org, plot...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Cindy - it sounds like you had a few different issues, one of which was that you went back to the map with the Back button -- though we should see what can be done about making that work better.

I'm bumping this to the Web Working Group list at w...@publiclab.org where we can help you file some issue requests in Github at https://github.com/publiclab/mapknitter/issues

I see:

* Back button reloads original map state and requires refresh
one of the uploaded pictures kept the red 'rotate' edge circles even when I was working on other pictures
* export having trouble (this seems similar to this issue: https://github.com/publiclab/mapknitter/issues/88)

For "- When a picture is uploaded and I don't need it, can it be removed from the 'Uploaded images' window?" -- you can delete images in the "Images" tab on the right sidebar.

And for the others we do have open issues for a couple. I'm also CC'ing the developers group to see if anyone's interested in helping to tackle them!

* "start over" image placement feature: https://github.com/publiclab/mapknitter/issues/114

If this looks right, we should open at least 2 new issues and if you could upload your screenshots there that would be great. You do have a Github account, I think?

Best,
Jeff