Terrapatern: open visual search tool for satellite imagery

pablo rey

May 26, 2016, 8:00:01 AM5/26/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com

I just found this cool tool:
Terrapattern
http://www.terrapattern.com
This is the alpha version of Terrapattern, a visual search tool for satellite imagery. The project provides journalists, citizen scientists, and other researchers with the ability to quickly scan large geographical  for specific visual features.

Has anyone used it?

Jeffrey Warren

May 26, 2016, 8:14:49 AM5/26/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
I browsed that too -- I'd love to try training it to look for spills. It reminds me of the Clashifier prototype, but with machine learning!

--
Post to this group at grassroo...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Liz Barry

May 26, 2016, 10:21:10 AM5/26/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a nice article on it. http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/meet-terrapattern-google-earths-missing-search-engine

PS Kyle McDonald https://twitter.com/kcimc the artist coder who worked with Golan Levin on it, also helped write the original thermal flashlight project during the infamous Bathtub Protoyping Event of 2012