FOSS4G 2017 - Boston

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 3, 2017, 11:02:18 AM2/3/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com

========================

FOSS4G Call for Presentations NOW OPEN!

The annual FOSS4G (Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial) conference is the largest global gathering focused on open source geospatial software. FOSS4G brings together developers, users, researchers, decision-makers and observers from a broad spectrum of organizations and fields of operation through six days of workshops, presentations, discussions, and cooperation, FOSS4G participants create effective and relevant geospatial products, standards, and protocols.

This international conference is in Boston, MA this year, August 14-19. We encourage those working with Open Source, Open Mapping, Open Data, and Open Software to submit a presentation. We need your ideas, talents, and insights for the best possible conference!

Topics include:
  • FOSS4G Software
  • FOSS4G Adoption
  • FOSS4G Use Cases & Applications
  • Research
  • Lessons learned: best practices, costs and benefits

Presentations may be regular talks (20 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A), posters, or maps. We expect to have 200–250 talks selected through this call. The selected presentations will be organized into approximately 9 parallel tracks, along with a poster and map gallery.

For more information, and to submit a talk or workshop, visit here: http://2017.foss4g.org/call-for-presentations/

Thank you,
FOSS4G 2017 Boston LOC