ideal height

1 view

VJ pixel

Feb 13, 2018, 7:29:18 AM2/13/18
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Based on your experience, what height do you recommend to take pictures?

Thank you!

--
VJ pixel
https://www.instagram.com/vjpixel/

Stevie Lewis

Feb 16, 2018, 3:36:10 PM2/16/18
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi VJ,
The general rule of thumb I have used in the past is that the hight of your camera will be about the width of the photo it will take. Not sure where I heard it from, and maybe it could use some calculations and rethinking, but that's generally what I've thought. Also, the closer you are, the higher resolution they will be, but the higher you go, the less likely you'll have to stitch too many photos together and you can get your site in 1-2 photos!

Best,
Stevie

--
Post to this group at grassrootsmapping@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 16, 2018, 6:43:29 PM2/16/18
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
I like that rule of thumb!

We're also collecting a FAQ of balloon mapping/kite mapping questions on this page: https://publiclab.org/w/balloon-mapping#Questions+about+balloon+mapping:

feel free to post this Q there to help build out this resource -- thanks!

And if anyone else has questions, that's a great place to post them!

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 20, 2018, 11:09:12 AM2/20/18
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all -- Ag8n just posted this related question: https://publiclab.org/questions/Ag8n/02-19-2018/kite-altitude-question