Open Drone Mapping

femi abiodun elegbeleye

Jul 6, 2017, 9:58:12 AM7/6/17
to grassrootsmapping
Hi All, my name is Femi from South Africa, I am very much interested in learning Open Drone Mapping programming, how to do any kind of mapping with the drone technology, anyone in this group that could be of help we highly be appreciate to guide me through.

Thanks

Femi

Liz Barry

Jul 6, 2017, 11:28:53 AM7/6/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, femi abiodun elegbeleye
Hi Femi,
Are you looking to connect with someone who has drone hardware that you can practice flying with?

Or do you want some drone images that someone else has captured to practice putting into OpenDroneMap?

or do you want to work on the code of OpenDroneMap itself

or something else entirely?

Yours
LIz

--
Post to this group at grassrootsmapping@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Liz Barry

Jul 6, 2017, 11:37:38 AM7/6/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Mather, femi abiodun elegbeleye
great Femi,
let's try to point you at some resources.
Here's the OpenDroneMap codebase https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap

On that page i found link to a chatroom where you can talk to other developers who work on OpenDroneMap https://gitter.im/OpenDroneMap/generalhelp

To connect with people near you who have drones, i'm hoping someone writes back into this list! Bumping up to the main list in case other folks from South Africa might be there.
On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM, femi abiodun elegbeleye <phern...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you looking to connect with someone who has drone hardware that you can practice flying with? Yes

Or do you want some drone images that someone else has captured to practice putting into OpenDroneMap? Yes

or do you want to work on the code of OpenDroneMap itself ? Yes

Lot

Jul 10, 2017, 5:21:34 PM7/10/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Mather, femi abiodun elegbeleye
Hi all,

I'm Lot from Spain.
I can help you installing OpenDroneMap, or if you have specific
questions, help to solve them. Wich drone do you have?

Is not open source :( but is free: precissionmapper made their online
service for free for the first 60 maps per year, and works well:
http://www.precisionhawk.com/precisionmapper

Regards,
Lot Amorós.

http://aeracoop.net