Camera Triggering page

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 14, 2017, 2:39:28 PM2/14/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all -- in keeping with our new Activities listings, I'm starting to collect lots of posts from over the years on how to trigger cameras in different ways.

This ranges from the "rubber band on the button" method to scripting cameras. It's amazing to see how many ways people have done this, and to see it all compiled and a bit easier to browse:

https://publiclab.org/wiki/camera-trigger

Please feel free to add more -- i just tagged them with "activity:camera-triggering" and they show up on the page under "Activities".

Jeff

Liz Barry

Feb 14, 2017, 3:30:18 PM2/14/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Wow, how great to see all these camera triggering activities together -- it's true, everyone has come up with so many ways to do this over time! Good to celebrate our regional differences.

From CHDK-friendly NYC ;)
yours,
Liz

--
Post to this group at grassrootsmapping@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Cindy Regalado

Feb 14, 2017, 5:47:57 PM2/14/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Love this! Such a simple yet essential and significant step in grassroots mapping. Hagit and I (she's visiting London) will post our ways too!
/Cindy

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 at 20:30 Liz Barry <eba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, how great to see all these camera triggering activities together -- it's true, everyone has come up with so many ways to do this over time! Good to celebrate our regional differences.

From CHDK-friendly NYC ;)
yours,
Liz
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Jeffrey Warren <je...@publiclab.org> wrote:
Hi, all -- in keeping with our new Activities listings, I'm starting to collect lots of posts from over the years on how to trigger cameras in different ways.

This ranges from the "rubber band on the button" method to scripting cameras. It's amazing to see how many ways people have done this, and to see it all compiled and a bit easier to browse:

https://publiclab.org/wiki/camera-trigger

Please feel free to add more -- i just tagged them with "activity:camera-triggering" and they show up on the page under "Activities".

Jeff

--

Post to this group at grassroo...@googlegroups.com

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Post to this group at grassroo...@googlegroups.com

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 14, 2017, 6:11:00 PM2/14/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
:-)

I'm particularly remembering gulf coast folks using a fish bone under a rubber band -- Shannon's favorite technique.

Thanks!!

On Feb 14, 2017 5:47 PM, "Cindy Regalado" <c.regala...@gmail.com> wrote:
Love this! Such a simple yet essential and significant step in grassroots mapping. Hagit and I (she's visiting London) will post our ways too!
/Cindy
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 at 20:30 Liz Barry <eba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, how great to see all these camera triggering activities together -- it's true, everyone has come up with so many ways to do this over time! Good to celebrate our regional differences.

From CHDK-friendly NYC ;)
[...]

Liz Barry

Mar 7, 2017, 10:02:19 AM3/7/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Chris Fastie
i posted an even simpler activity on how to choose a camera in the first place. Chris Fastie instantly suggested improvements, and i picked up his points and re-published it. How does it look to you all now? https://publiclab.org/notes/liz/03-01-2017/choose-a-camera-for-aerial-photography?_=1488898182

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!