Re: [PLOTS] ++Calling Any/All AERMOD Experts++

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Stevie Lewis

未讀,
2016年9月1日 晚上7:01:112016/9/1
收件者:publicla...@googlegroups.com、grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
Looping in the mapping group. Also, there's a local group for NYC. Check out all the lists here: https://publiclab.org/lists

-Stevie

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Stephen Metts <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I'm brand new here to the GG for Public Lab, thanks for the forum and opportunity to post.

I'm currently involved in counter-mapping several Northeast pipeline projects in the Northeast and have been working to develop an independent method for air modeling specific to fracked gas compressors and power plants.

The typical scenario is run AERMOD (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AERMOD), get permit.  But there's questions over the inputs to the models and how the results keep coming up no impact, or conveniently no impact where one might expect an impact to be.  Further, we know people are getting sick in close proximity to compressor stations, so from a health perspective there is indeed impact.

I would so appreciate having a conversation with anyone who has experience with AERMOD, or has any independent perspective on the limits of the program for predicting real air quality impacts from fracked gas transport infrastructure.

I teach GIS in NYC, and do spatial work.

Thanks so much for your consideration, and please feel to reach out to me.  Further, I would like to develop a NYSDEC EJ community grant in cooperation with some of the health study work that is starting to happen in NY State.  I have started laying groundwork for that and would welcome further perspectives.

Thanks!

Stephen Metts

--
Post to this group at publiclaboratory@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science" group.

Liz Barry

未讀,
2016年9月2日 上午9:56:052016/9/2
收件者:grassroo...@googlegroups.com、plots-airquality、publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Stephen!!! Great to hear from you. Exciting to learn about AERMOD from you, i haven't worked with it before.

Maybe someone on the airquality list has dealt with AERMOD? Maybe we can reach out through additional collegial networks to reach someone working with this technology? Seems to me like it's worth gaining an understanding of.

Post to this group at grassrootsmapping@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息