Top level wiki page for aerial mapping?

Liz Barry

Aug 8, 2016, 4:27:15 PM8/8/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
I've been working on some wiki clean-up and organization. This requires a really great soundtrack, so i am open to music suggestions as well as your input about the actual wikis.

Quick background --
We've just created two other top level pages:
See how they each have a grid of experiments that can be done with the method?
And each page also has a list of versions of the actual equipment that people have made (provisionally called "builds")

So now i'm turning to https://publiclab.org/wiki/balloon-mapping, and wondering if a top level page might be publiclab.org/wiki/aerial-mapping or what other ideas do you have?
Then i can fill it out with an experiment grid and list of "builds"

Please send your thoughts, thanks!
Liz

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Stevie Lewis

Aug 9, 2016, 10:17:35 AM8/9/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Liz,
I like the "aerial mapping" idea as a header because it's general enough to include so many things while remaining explicit about the topic. But this could be a really long page! Instead of having all the info for each type of mapping on one page, maybe the main "aerial mapping" page explaining the different types of mapping (sort of like this wiki with the listed out benefits and limitations of each type?), and then branch off new pages for experiments, methods for the different types of mapping: kite/balloon/pole and --maybe even drone?

-Stevie

--
Post to this group at grassrootsmapping@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

Liz Barry

Aug 9, 2016, 10:39:44 AM8/9/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Great to see that page you linked to Stevie!

For any top level page, it'll be short.

Liz Barry

Sep 6, 2016, 2:25:34 PM9/6/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
reviving this thread because we're about ready to move on this.
How does /aerial-photography sound? I'd offer that aerial photography is most specific to what we are doing.

Liz Barry

Sep 21, 2016, 1:02:56 PM9/21/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Bronwen Densmore
Hey folks,
In talking here and elsewhere, seems like /aerial-photography works pretty well.

Bronwen and i are going to be setting up the Activity Grid for this page on Friday afternoon. (!)

To populate the grid, we're gonna be taking a look through https://publiclab.org/tag/kite-mapping and https://publiclab.org/tag/balloon-mapping and finding ones that would make really fun activities.

Do you have any favorites out of those? Please send!
Thanks!
Liz

--

Liz Barry
director of community development
@publiclab

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Mathew Lippincott

Sep 21, 2016, 2:00:40 PM9/21/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Bronwen Densmore
also check out the tag photo-rig:

Liz Barry

Sep 21, 2016, 2:07:48 PM9/21/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Bronwen Densmore

Liz Barry

Sep 21, 2016, 5:45:01 PM9/21/16
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Bronwen Densmore

Liz Barry

Sep 23, 2016, 3:23:54 PM9/23/16
to Liz Barry, Mathew Lippincott, Abdul Fitouri, grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Bronwen Densmore
Looking around for which Starter Kit wiki pages that should go on /aerial-photography (in the style of https://publiclab.org/wiki/spectrometry#Starter+Kits),  seems like

does this look right to you?

--

Liz Barry
director of community development
@publiclab

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Liz Barry

Sep 23, 2016, 3:59:52 PM9/23/16
to Abdul Fitouri, Liz Barry, Mathew Lippincott, grassroo...@googlegroups.com, Bronwen Densmore
Yes, right!
looks like that page is https://publiclab.org/wiki/pole-mapping (needs updating for sure)

--

Liz Barry
director of community development
@publiclab

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Abdul Fitouri <ab...@publiclab.org> wrote:
Pole kit too. It's not 100% aerial but I'd say it's similar enough and leaving it out would orphan it all by its lonesome.