Remember aerial lithographs from the past or be condemned to repeat them.

Chris Fastie

Nov 10, 2015, 1:07:09 PM11/10/15
to grassrootsmapping
I have been trying to fly a KAP rig to the location where it could capture the same scene recorded by 19th century "bird's eye view" lithographs. I have posted a few research notes about two different views. The most recent attempt was in Middlebury, Vermont. I might need a third try at that one to get it right.

The Saturn V Rig and the Fled kite did all the work.

Chris

Andrew Jawitz

Nov 17, 2015, 3:59:19 PM11/17/15
to grassrootsmapping
You might be interested in this research note in which I explored historic aerial imagery- https://publiclab.org/notes/ajawitz/11-16-2015/relevance-of-virtual-reality-to-the-world-of-grassroots-mapping-and-citizen-science